17 Jun Customer Identification – Requirements
Requirements for the verification of a customer’s identity differ for foreign persons and Hong Kong residents. Click on the buttons below to review a summary of requirements for each.
For foreign person who are not residents of Hong Kong, an insurer may use the following for purposes of identity verification:
- Government-issued identification documents that are the equivalent of those issued in Hong Kong; or
- Documents provided by a regulatory authority in the foreign country of residency or in Hong Kong
Hong Kong Residents
For Hong Kong residents, customers must provide and the insurer must retain a copy of the following:
- The customer’s full name, date of birth, nationality, and identifying documents;
- The customer’s Hong Kong Identity card and card number; and
- In the case of non-permanent residents, identifying travel document(s), such as a passport.